Job Description: Seeking a Sous Chef to join an exciting new business development in Port Huron, MI – Wrigley Hall! Various positions available.
Principal Function: Responsibilities include but are not limited to – preparing food and beverage items for guests, provide efficient and friendly service, keep a clean and sanitary work environment, and maintain a positive attitude with team members and customers. Act as manager on duty in absence of chef. Perform opening, closing, ordering and inventory procedures.
- Assist with menu questions, dietary restrictions, etc.
- Attention to detail when preparing orders
- Ability to follow recipes to ensure final product is up to company standards
- Maintain a clean, organized and stocked work environment
- Adhere to food safety, food handling and sanitation guidelines
- Maintain cooling logs, line checks & receiving logs
- Create and maintain prep lists based on volume of business
- Place orders with vendors based on inventory levels
- Flexibility to work various shifts
- Attention to detail, integrity and positive attendance record
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment and knife skills
- Knowledge of proper cooking temperatures
- ServSafe certification is a plus
- Management experience preferred